This week, I had a beautiful dessert… x2 – both were from Delysèes.
- pistachio eclair with pistachio cream
- Nutella caramel pillow with chocolate shortbread base
I saw this while looking for more information about the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test), and it was interesting to observe how students in the humanities and mathematics scored higher than those in programs such as life science and biology.
This week has been absolutely freezing. It was about -20 degrees yesterday, which isn’t terrible without the wind. I’m so glad that I purchased a good, warm, fuzzy scarf earlier in the term!
The gym at Centennial College is lovely. It is not exceptionally big, but it’s quite homey and the people are so wonderful. I love the staff here!
I have been experimenting with different mat exercises and stretches, but have yet to find a routine.
Other things from lately (L to R):
- doggie Arnold back home in BC is doing great! I get to see him TOMORROW 🙂
- I haven’t had access to a blender for a while, so I can’t wait to make all kinds of creamy blended soups
- this is the Kaplan MCAT study set that my parents purchased for me. It arrived so quickly and I’m looking forward to flipping through and creating a study schedule
- McDonalds now offers parmesan and garlic fries!
- excellent list of more powerful words to use in writing
- kind comment from Mom on my previous post
- love it when people make recipes that I’ve shared! I must say that her tomato scrambled eggs look much better than mine
It snowed on Monday, and I think it’s all here to stay.
Face masks and writing holiday cards? So therapeutic.
Last few photos of my room because I peace out of Scarborough. One. More. Sleep. Until I’m back home in BC. My space isn’t normally this clean – it’s an illusion because some inspectors came to see the basement. 😉
I’m in the process of planning and enrolling myself in classes for the winter term, when I’ll be studying at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.
Yesterday, my coworker and I went out for Korean food with two of our wonderful massage therapy students. We had a delicious meal – it’s been a while since I’ve had Korean food, and I loved how flavourful it was.
- spicy cabbage
- vegetable sesame noodles
- cucumber and seaweed salad
- sweet and spicy rice cakes
- marinated eggplant
For my own dish, I had the chicken teriyaki with rice. Purple rice is one of my favourites.
What a memorable, delicious meal to end the week.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and the greatest weekend!