Welcome to The Flying Foodie!
You might also know me as Cindy or cookiesnchem. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogosphere! I am a 19 year-old food-lover living in Ontario (originally: Coquitlam, British Columbia). I study Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo, and am a newly-certified ashtanga yoga instructor. When I’m not recreating recipes in my tiny student kitchen, you can find me exploring new cafes, trying to do Zumba, or practicing aerial silks.
Whether we are stressed students or busy moms, we all yearn for diverse, home-cooked, fresh meals that are quick to prepare. Although cooking with real foods can be time-consuming and repetitive, there are so many options beyond the typical garden salad. A non-intimidating way to dip your toes into healthy eating, this blog is designed with the mission of providing simple recipes that require minimal ingredients, one bowl or pot, and no more than 30 minutes to prepare.
My blog name comes from my passions for:
- Flying in acro yoga
- Flying in aerial silks
- Flying in an airplane to different counties – I’ve lived in Nepal, Montreal, Paris, and have spent time in the Sunshine Coast of BC during 2015 and 2016, all of which you can read about on my blog (see the menu above!)
- I also love food 😉 Am I vegan? Vegetarian? Paleo? GF? Check out my food philosophy in this post.
I’ve been reading blogs for a pretty long time, and with some encouragement from Mom, I finally decided to give it a go. My first post aired on March 21, 2014, and I hope to continue blogging to share my love of food with the world.
- My favorite foods: Sushi, chocolate-almond croissants, anything peanut butter (especially oatmeal), anything baked with cheese and kind of crispy on top
- My favorite thing: traveling and exploring different countries and cultures
- My favorite activities: yoga and aerial silks, but I also love hiking!
- My favorite ingredients: cocoa powder, vanilla beans/vanilla extract
- My favorite fruit: peaches and cherries, but I also love bananas!
- My favorite vegetables: baby spinach, eggplant, or zucchini
- My favorite dessert: chocolate lava cake, frozen yogurt with toppings
- My favorite spice: cinnamon
- My favorite herb: sage, basil
I hope you’ll stick around!
Keep flying, friends!