Does anyone have a cool human body project idea?
A walk back home, taking the scenic route. What an interesting place, right? In my opinion, this doesn’t even look like Canada.
A trip to the library = six new (to me) books. I. Can’t. Wait.
Deliciousness in the form of Thai green curry and biryani rice.
- 1 small squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, quartered and cut into 5-cm segments
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups yellow onion
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in two
- 4 whole cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp golden raisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss squash, carrots, and bell pepper with 2 tbsp oil, curry powder, and salt.
- Roast vegetables until tender when pierced, 20-25 mins.
- Warm 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and cumin. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions begin to brown, 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook until aromatic, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice. Cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, raisins, and turmeric. Simmer.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer gently until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 10-12 mins.
- Remove from heat. Keep covered until vegetables have finished roasting.
- Fold in roasted vegetables and cashews. Season with S+P. Serve.
I went for the most enjoyable walk on Monday evening.
The beach at East Point Park was quite nice. I’m looking forward to a jaunt to Guild Park soon!
Who knew Scarborough could be so pretty?
The sunshine and superb blue skies made a huge difference. This walk really brightened by day, literally and figuratively.
Another day-brightener: I had pizza twice. One slice was ricotta and olive, the other was poached pear with ham and brie. Completely in love with both.
2018 Winter Olympics! Did they come fast or what? The Olympics make me realize that the years go by FAST. I’m looking forward to figure skating! Also, I finished reading the Maze Runner, and now I’ll have to see the movie 🎥
Tonight, I had chili! Topped with cheddar and lime – the best.
Healthy Pumpkin Chili
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 large chopped white onion
- sprinkle garlic powder
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lime
- desired toppings
- Sauté the onion and garlic powder until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, cook another 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes, beans, pumpkin, broth and spices (excluding the lime until the end). Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a slight boil, turn down heat and cover to let simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Serve with your favorite spices and toppings.
Have a glorious rest of the week, everyone!