Not too long ago, I spent some time with Vancouver blogger friend Rachel. Rachel has been super busy lately, finishing her first year of university, returning from a monthlong trip to Europe, and getting ready for the new school year.
We met up at Le Marché St. Georges, a quaint, homey cafe and market with a fairly extensive coffee bar, patisserie, and brunch/lunch food options.
Rachel ordered the Crepe of the Day, which featured marinated mushrooms, goat cheese, and arugula, all enveloped by a toasty buckwheat crepe. I had a London Fog, which looked adorable in a 12 oz bowl, followed by the most delicious asparagus and asiago quiche (chard salad on the side).
Despite sitting outside on this hot, hot day, I was completely infatuated by my hot, creamy, crispy quiche. The asparagus was tender, the eggs sharp and flavourful, thanks to the asiago. My favourite part of the quiche was the crust, which tasted fresh, buttery, and flaky – an easy 10/10.
Of course, no get-together would be complete without dessert!
At Earnest Ice Cream, a Vancouver staple just a few blocks away, we sampled some of their flavours and enjoyed one scoop of espresso flake (Rachel) and cookies and cream (me).
It was hard to decide between cookies and cream, London Fog, oatmeal brown sugar, and some other unique and flavourful options.
Rich, creamy, just-sweet enough, studded with texture – I’m in love. The quality is absolutely stellar.
My “Winter in BC To-Do List” is already growing. I need this sesame shaved ice in my life!
Then we parted ways!
Previous meet-ups with Rachel:
- The first time we met, we had croissants, coffee, and hummus toast at Matchstick Coffee Roasters (alongside our mothers)
- Salad for lunch at Railtown Cafe, followed by incredible Soft Peaks ice cream and shopping at Daiso
- Brunch at the trendy Cafe Medina, where we had super unique lattes and shared Mediterannean brunch specials
- Incredible vegan brunch and special brownies at Heirloom Vegetarian
- Lebanese dinner at Nuba
- And now, brunch/lunch at Le Marché St. Georges with ice cream from Earnest 🙂
I miss you already, Rachel! Here’s to many more delicious meals and great conversations. ❤