On Wednesday (3 days ago), I flew out of Toronto and came back home to BC.
My last few meals in Ontario were absolutely delicious.
Good times were spent with my friends (this is Kianna, my friend from aerial silks) – and we had a great lunch at Solé Seafood Bar.
Complimentary bread, tomato and blue cheese noodles, spinach and feta flatbread – both of which I shared with my friend Lara. Kianna had the shrimp scampi.
For dessert, we had a dark chocolate tart with creme fraiche and berry coulis.
One day, I cooked Gordon Ramsay scrambled eggs, which turned out irresistibly creamy. They did take a little extra effort to make, and I prefer my spinach + cheddar eggs.
Meal plans were created:
I liked my sweet potato fries, salmon, with broccoli couscous. The garlic aioli was my favourite part.
Pancakes are always a dreamy breakfast. Chopped prunes on top!
Almond Flour Pancakes
Serves 6 pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Beat together liquid ingredients. Whisk wet into dry.
- Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat up pan to medium-high. Cook pancakes until tops are bubbly, edges are dry, and bottoms golden brown. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter.
Have a lovely rest of the day, friends!