My schedule for the spring/summer semester is quite packed! With courses going from as early as 8:30 to as late as 6:20, and aerials classes 5-6 days a week, I could use lots of meal prepping help (or maybe a personal chef – that’d be nice too).
That being said, life gets a lot easier when…
a) it’s summer, so there’s less reason to turn on the stove and truly “cook”
b) meal-prepping is an option, simply by cooking 3-4 servings of one dish and enjoying leftovers for lunches/dinners for days to come
Check out my list of 30 quick, easy, healthy, and colourful summer meals!
Healthy Summer Eats
- grilled shrimp with tomatoes and romaine lettuce on whole grain flatbread with feta cheese and tzatziki
- rice and beans (this recipe looks simple and delicious) with broccoli on the side
- over-easy eggs, half of a nut-buttered bagel, avocado, fresh fruit
- pizza topped with BBQ sauce, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella
- shrimp pasta with black beans, zucchini, bell peppers, and baby spinach, topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan
- healthy corn cakes: this recipe and this one look healthy and delicious.
- quinoa tabbouleh, served with pita wedges and hummus: this recipe looks awesome!
- gnocchi with corn, zucchini, onion, basil, half-and-half, parmesan
- seafood-salad stuffed avocado (canned wild salmon mixed with celery, peppers, Greek yogurt, mustard)
- egg salad made with Greek yogurt
- super berry summer salad with raspberries, blueberries, candied nuts, avocado, goat cheese
- zucchini bread
- blueberry smoothie with 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup oats, lemon zest, and vanilla extract
- quinoa breakfast porridge with bananas and nut butter
- healthy grain bowl with quinoa, fried black beans, wilted spinach, avocado, lemon wedge
- lots of veggies and fresh fruit with yummy dip
- avocado caprese salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, avocado, fresh mozzarella, basil, balsamic reduction
- grilled salmon on couscous with spinach and corn
- caprese lasagna – this recipe is the one!
- summer rolls with cucumber, cabbage, peppers, carrots, wrapped in rice wraps and dipped in peanut sauce
- chia pudding with blackberries, coconut, pistachios
- lots of overnight oatmeal
- vegetable feta quinoa with honey lemon vinaigrette (1 tbsp lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1.5 tbsp honey, minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to serve 3)
- caprese pesto tortellini skewers with fresh mozzarella pearls, cherry tomatoes, basil, and pesto-covered tortellini
- black bean quesadillas with pepper jack cheese, salsa, whole wheat tortillas, and smashed avocado
- green smoothies!
- skillet gnocchi with dark leafy chard, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, white beans, and mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- fresh sliced mozzarella, yellow peach, tomato, basil, EVOO, balsamic vinegar
- pinwheel sandwiches
- this cookie dough dip made with chickpeas and blended up:
- 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- up to 1/4 cup milk, if needed
- 2 tbsp oats
Are there any delicious summer dishes that you’re dying to make?