TOP BAKING TIPS
- If a recipe calls for mashed banana, always mash your banana first. Then add eggs, and other wet ingredients. Flour should be the very last ingredient you add to the bowl. Voila – a one bowl recipe!
- Most cupcake recipes can be made into loaves or sheet cakes. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Streaks of flour are okay. Never overmix.
- Coating blueberries or chocolate chips with flour will prevent them from sinking in muffin recipes.
- Almond flour and coconut flour are difficult to substitute. Just don’t do it.
- A pinch of salt is necessary in sweet desserts. Salted chocolate?! Yes.
- A pinch of cinnamon adds great flavour to recipes with cocoa powder.
TOP COOKING TIPS
- Garlic makes any savoury dish taste good. So do caramelized onions, freshly-ground pepper, and lemon!
- Add ginger and soy sauce to any Asian dish. You’ll thank me later 😉
- Goat cheese is so flavourful that you’ll only need a couple crumbles.
- A fried or poached egg make any dish more flavourful, more beautiful, and more nutritious.
- Curries and chilis and stews taste even better the second day – make it a day ahead!
What are some of your best tips?
Check out my recipes HERE! 🙂