The best thing about winter in Toronto is
probably definitely Winterlicious.
A little bit about Miku:
- They are involved with the Ocean Wise conservation program, launched by the Vancouver Aquarium
- They are famous for their addictive Aburi sushi, which means “flame-seared”
- Miku makes their aburi sushi with European-style sauces, Japanese bamboo charcoal, and seasoned rice (shari)
- Miku’s regular dessert menu also features a green tea wafer cake, a mochi dome with black sesame ice cream, and toffee pudding with herbed apples and togarashi meringue
I was given this free amuse-bouche of octopus tartare with wasabi gremolata and a white wine vinegar dressing.
Lovely ambiance with a sleek and modern decor.
- Aburi Albacore Tuna
- Ebi fritter
- Beef tenderloin skewers
- Miso Marinated Tofu Salad
My appetizer was the Miku Zen, which had four plates with a variety of flavours. I really enjoyed the crispy ebi fritter, which came with a smokey and sweet chili aioli. It tasted like a freshly-prepared app from Cactus Club or another trendy Canadian restaurant. I’m not normally one to devour anything meaty, but these beef tenderloin skewers were quite impressive. I finished all of the pieces! The miso marinated tofu, however, was my favourite part. Flavourful, with excellent texture and the right amount of dressing, I definitely wanted more of this dish and would order it again.
Signature Aburi Sushi Plate
Salmon oshi, saba oshi, coal harbour roll, Aburi nigiri, queens quay roll
Without a doubt, the salmon oshi was my favourite part. I loved having so many parts to this entree to savour.
Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding with miso salted caramel sauce, tahitian vanilla bean ice cream, candied sesame pecans
Massive internal debate before ordering this guy. It was incredibly hard to decide between this and the famous green tea opera, but so glad I selected the chocolate croissant bread pudding. Really was as good as it sounds and looks 🙂
That’s it for today, friends! I just had a massive breakfast that involved one-too-many handfuls of granola. Time to get the day started. Hope the long weekend was fantastic for everyone!