This is a post I wrote about a MONTH ago but never posted, because… who knows? I don’t.
Let’s start of with memes, because… memes.
I really, really want to see the new Disney movie Moana. She is so beautiful, and I’m loving the movie’s message and the freaking theme song. Amazing tune, incredible vocals, and gorgeous animation scenery. I’m such a Disney aficionado. Do you like Disney? Have you seen Moana?
How has 2017 been treating you so far?
I’ve also been trying to sell these textbooks. It’s been going okay, but a little stressful. The worst is when people see your message and don’t answer. GRR.
The other day I went down to the Kitchener Market. It was so hectic, but fun to walk around and see all of the vendors.
Working on my first aerial silks routine. I’m thinking of performing to the song Life of the Party by Shawn Mendes. It’s been one of my favourite songs for a long time, and for a good reason! What a beautiful, empowering song by a brilliant and super-talented artist. Do you know that song? If so, thoughts? These are some of the bits of choreography that I’d like to do before getting on the silks.
Kinda late, but cool.
2 eggs and a ripe banana made some tasty crepes!
Oooh check out this pasta!
I had leftover ricotta, and the blobs of ricotta on top made this extra AMAZING. Used a mix of penne and bow ties because I wanted to use up both.
I was featured in my school’s newsletter!
And one day I made Thai curried fried rice.
Can you figure out this riddle? What number should be where the parked car is? Trust me, it’s not as hard as it seems and there’s no math involved…
Last week of Waterloo also involved searching for the perfect leotard! I have a hard time with tank tops and t-shirts at aerial silks, because they always seem to catch and get ripped in all directions. I needed something tight and wouldn’t ride up and give me belly burns!
New website plans?!
Sleep like a baby is my favourite one 😀
More of that fried rice. Yay for peas. They are so good.
Leftover pasta! Mmmm that ricotta.
Really ugly toast that I was going to delete, but I remember it tasting really good. PBJ on one slide, and chocolate-almond butter on the other.
Glad the winter is 2/3 over! Fingers crossed.
Great recipe that I made and love. I froze all of these and brought them to Toronto. Still eating them!
Buckwheat Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 1/4 cups blueberries, coated in some flour
Vegan Banana Muffins
- 2 flax eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed until chunky
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 4 cups no-salt added vegetable or chicken broth (I used chicken broth)
- 1/2 heaping tsp salt (I used vegetable salt)
- 14 oz bag frozen broccoli, or 1 large head of broccoli, steamed and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne, optional
- Italian seasoning to taste (I used a sprinkle of basil)
- Add chicken broth and salt in a large pot. Stir and cover. Boil and reduce to simmer.
- Cook frozen broccoli by steaming or microwaving for 5-7 mins. Add to simmering broth.
- Measure flour into a large bowl or jar. Add milk and put on the lid. Shake it around until flour is well mixed into milk.
- Remove broccoli-broth from heat and add flour and evaporated milk mixture all at once. Return to medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, saving some for the topping. Season.
Okay, that’s it because I’m heading out now! Bye, guys! I promise I have a good post coming up. I know this was not the best 😦