1-Bowl Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- 1½ cups flour: I used spelt flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 large, overripe bananas (~1 cup mashed)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional add-ins: ½ cup chocolate chips/raisins/nuts/etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- Mash banana in a large bowl.
- Add ALL ingredients EXCEPT spelt flour and whisk very well.
- Pour flour into wet ingredients.
- Mix lightly and carefully with a rubber spatula or spoon to fold the flour in. Do not overmix. Slightly lumpy batter with flour streaks is okay.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean and the sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- Serve with nut butter, yogurt, crumbled on oatmeal, or plain. Enjoy!
With tons of banana flavour and subtle sweetness from maple and brown sugar, plus warm notes of cinnamon and vanilla, this banana bread tastes like dessert but is healthy enough for breakfast.
Another incredible dessert – crumbled banana bread on chocolate yogurt (simple Greek yogurt + cocoa powder + maple syrup), with hemp hearts and peanut butter. Oh yum. I could eat this every day!