Good morning everyone! I have a quick and easy recipe to share with you guys today. I made these about a month ago and haven’t had the chance to touch up the post until now. I present to you – banana pancakes made in the blender!
This recipe was simple and made the most perfect, round pancakes. However, they were a bit flat, so next time I’ll either amp up the leavening agents just a bit, or add less almond milk. The texture is different than my normal pancakes in that it’s more dense, and the banana flavour is distributed evenly throughout. I prefer chunks of fluffy “banana marshmallows”! Drizzled in maple and served with berries, this batch was still devoured!
This batch was topped with berries, pecans, and hemp hearts. One was mixed with cocoa powder for a special chocolate pancake! Still, I find this batter a bit bland. I’m going to play with the proportions a bit, even though I still prefer making pancakes with spelt flour. 🙂
Superfood Blender Banana Pancakes
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pancake toppings!
- Blend rolled oats until they are a fine flour.
- Add other ingredients (except coconut oil) into the blender and blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- Let the batter rest for 10-20 minutes and cook in coconut oil.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit and maple syrup, plus any other toppings you desire. This recipe makes 6 pancakes.
1 serving: 3 pancakes = 275 calories with maple syrup
You can find my other pancake recipes on my pancake page HERE, including the recipe for my all-time favourite everyday pancakes (which I am enjoying as I type this right now!). I seriously love pancakes!
How about you?
- Do you like pancakes?
- How often do you use the blender?