Doesn’t that look amazing?
My favourite sandwich combinations:
- Peanut/almond butter, banana, and cinnamon
- Scrambled eggs and cheddar (can also add ham or turkey)
- Avocado, eggs, and goat cheese
- Spinach, tomato, and feta (can also add chicken or egg)
- Avocado, cheddar, and pesto scrambled eggs, see below
- Turkey, sun-dried tomato, avocado, swiss
- Hummus, feta, cucumbers, tomato
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs
- Simply pesto and cheddar for a garlicky grilled cheese
- Avocado and cheddar for super creamy grilled cheese
These are pesto scrambled eggs topped with sliced avocado and grated white cheddar cheese.
PS: plop a spoonful of pesto into your eggs before scrambling them, and whisk it all together for the most flavourful eggs ever! They’ll be salty, garlicky, savoury, and perfectly flavourful. YUM.
I pressed it with a homemade panini press – just place aluminum foil on the sandwich and top it with another skillet + something heavy to weigh it down.
Works like a charm!
This sandwich was creamy, salty, savoury, crispy on the outside and perfectly textured in between.
I am in love! This is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Love that kind of versatility about sandwiches!
This one was similar but different:
The crispy, crunchy outsides get me every time – they honestly shatter in my mouth.
Eggs, cheese, and avocado in a crispy grilled sandwich are made to be together!
Another classic combo? Peanut butter and banana.
Sometimes I swap the peanut butter for almond butter – that’s yummy too! A sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey take it over the edge. I’d say that this sandwich combo is my #1 fave!
I always cook “sweet” sandwiches like this one in coconut oil. It doesn’t taste coconutty at all, but it’s just really tasty. 🙂 Try it out!
Hope you enjoyed the post – have an excellent week!