You saw this pretty, filling, healthy, and delicious meal on this Christmas highlights post. Here is the recipe – feel free to add what you have and omit things you don’t. The more, the merrier – but sometimes the simplest ingredients shine. 🙂 You really can’t go wrong with this recipe, and we don’t even measure.
- Cooked quinoa (leftover works great!)
- Chopped spinach
- Black beans, rinsed and drained
- Pomegranate arils
- Dried cranberries or raisins
- Cubed avocado
- Chopped feta cheese or goat cheese
- Chopped cucumber
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped hard-boiled egg, chicken, or salmon (yum – salmon!) It would be like the one I had at Cactus Club Cafe.
- Lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pepper (I like freshly-ground)
- A small splash of balsamic vinegar
- Honey or maple syrup
My Fave Green Smoothie
- Frozen banana: peel and slice, freeze in Ziploc bag overnight
- Two huge handfuls of organic baby spinach (rinsed and dried)
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of honey Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter
- ~ 1 tablespoon ground flax
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder: I really want to try this one day, but I haven’t yet so I’m not sure how it would taste! 🙂
Enjoyed for lunch alongside a big scoop of quinoa salad and some Cara Cara orange – my new favourite. 🙂 So juicy!
I am so excited for aerial silks tomorrow – I haven’t practiced for a week and it will be my first time training in 2015. I mentioned on this post that my goal was to do the splits on the silks and be able to climb to the very top. I can’t wait to start practicing again – even though I’m
probably definitely out of shape right now!
Last thing: take a look at this delicious recipe for vegan chocolate pudding with chia. I want to try making it sometime this weekend. One more last thing – I am still, still OBSESSED with National Treasure. I think something is wrong with me. According to my sister, many things are definitely wrong with me and I am starting to think that’s true. 😉
Anyways, check this out – it is SO funny and made me want to watch National Treasure AGAIN. Riley Poole is officially the funniest and most entertaining geek sidekick ever. Can I marry this character?! Hey, have I ever mentioned that the movies I like are either a) Disney, b) based on books, or c) historical?
Yep, I definitely have a problem.