I don’t know about you, but the warmer weather is making me feel super lethargic. We hit 28 degrees two days ago – which is practically a record high here in Vancouver – and I’ve been at a record low in terms of productivity. That’s why I shared my goals of the week on a post last weekend.
So… let’s take a look at how I’ve done with my goals!
1) Write one SAT practice test and finish both essays. Not at all. I wrote one PART of a practice SAT – which took 20 minutes – other than that, nada.
2) Start glueing (gluing?) stuff to my Leadership project. No more procrastinating! Still procrastinating. How my poster looked last week = how it looks this week. 😦
3) Skate once or twice Not. Even. Once. I don’t want to, but I know I should, and I sort of actually want to go, but then I hate going at the same time. Talk about a love-hate relationship! I just couldn’t will myself to wake up at 5:00 am for skating this week.
4) Bake something yummers This, however, I did do! I made a cranberry-orange yogurt cake, following the recipe that I talk about here. Updates + recipe coming!
5) Think of a Science Fair idea! I don’t have an exact idea yet, but I talked to my Bio teacher and I think I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to focus on. It has to do with vitamin C and different produce! 🙂
6) Go for a run – come on, just one? Did one, with my dog!
7) Eat salads every day. Bring leftover dinner dishes on top of mixed greens and bring dressing on the side. Yes! Totally accomplished this one. One of my favourite combinations was goat cheese + berries + honey-roasted pecans with sweet balsamic dressing. Mmmm! Another highlight meal was coconut chicken curry, which I talked about here. You can see my recipe on this post!
8) Finish all French re-dos and hand them in. Yep! Done and done and done. Woohoo!
9) Do math mindmap after each lesson. Sort of did this one. There isn’t much to trig identities aside from the, uh, identities, which took five minutes to copy down.
10) Be nice to everyone, arrive at work early, and volunteer. This isn’t really measureable, but I’m sure I was. 😉
★ Eat until full and then STOP. Accomplished this maybe 80% of the time? Good for me!
Anyways, here are some of my eats lately!
Pineapple pancakes for breakfast. Used the regular healthy pancake substitutions, and added chopped pineapple to the batter.
I like eating pancakes better when they are spread out all over my plate, rather than having them in a stack. When they’re stacked up, they’re gone too quickly! Pancakes are so much better when they are all spread out and topped with nut butter, chia, coconut, berries, and creamy Greek yogurt. This breakfast, although it was equal in size and calories as my other breakfasts, just felt too small.
Lunchy lunch lunch! Check out this wicked scrambled egg + Laughing cow + avocado open-face sandwich. Remember my cheesy egg and avocado toast? This is pretty much the same thing… with much better photos. 🙂
What do we have here… SNACKTIME!
Greek yogurt topped with crumbled muffin and berries.
Sprinkled with chia seeds and coconut.
So yummy! This was a big snack-o and I loved it. Based on this customizable recipe that I just can’t get enough of! Seriously, it takes three minutes MAX to whip up.
Dinner – quinoa (mmmm, haven’t had quinoa in so long!) topped with basa and snap pea + carrot + onion stir-fry with carrots and onions. Chive scrambled eggs on the side. These are mouthwateringly good!
Another fabulous Mom Meal.
Dessert! I think I mentioned this before, but I can’t find the post. This is a Chinese rice cake. I wish I snapped some pics of this baby fresh outta the oven – it looked amazing, and smelled even better!
This is filled with sweet and creamy red bean paste, toasty sliced almonds, dates, and deliciously fragrant black sesame. The crackly, crispy edges are the best. This is like a Chinese brownie! Yum.
I apologize for the lack of funny stories and little anecdotes! I’ve definitely been out and about lately, getting my first-aid certificiation (yay! 8:00-5:00 today, SO worth it), running errands with Mom, and all that jazz. Obviously I don’t have a ton of time to describe every meal and give recipes – in fact, my mom is nagging me right now to finish math homework.
It’s 10:15, Saturday night – typical Mom. 🙂
Good night for now everyone, and I can’t wait to show you all of my greeaaaatt meals for this week. Bye for now!